Innovation is the lifeblood of technology companies, but it’s also a threat. New advances in technology mean new business risks that are difficult to predict. In this constantly evolving and fast-paced environment, staying ahead of your emerging risks allows you to keep innovating—and Higginbotham can help insure your innovation from concept to commercialization.
Our integrated risk management solutions for technology companies help eliminate the guess work. We stay current with the technology insurance market and offer the latest insurance products developed to protect against your emerging risks.
Common Technology Company Coverages
- Business Owners General Liability for emerging technology companies in leased space or incubators
- Directors and Officers Liability, including pre-revenue company coverage
- Errors and Omissions (E&O)
- Electronic Data and Network Security
- Cyber Liability
- Cyber Extortion
- Communications and Media
- Computer Virus—damage to data and transmission
- Crisis Management Expense
- Privacy Remediation Expense
- Denial of Service
- Unauthorized Access
- Intellectual Property
- International Coverage
- Internet/Media Liability
Higginbotham serves technology developers, manufacturers, service providers and related companies, including:
- Information technology
- Software developers
- Hardware manufacturers and assemblers
- Value-added resellers
- Data processing operators
- Peripherals and semiconductor equipment manufacturers
- Security hardware/software
- Wireless hardware/software
- Electronics manufacturers
- Networking components and equipment manufacturers
- Local and long distance wireless service providers
- Internet service providers
- Data and call centers
- Video/teleconference companies
- Application service providers
- Health Care Information Technology
- Electronic health records
- Payor systems support
- Health information exchanges
- Practice management
- Clinical decision support
- Drug discovery
- Clinical informatics
- Medical device components and software
Higginbotham’s specialty expertise is recognized by the major technology insurance carriers, including:
- Monitor Liability
A study by the Ponemon Institute sponsored by Symantec reveals that the average cost of a data breach in 2010 was $7.2 million with the most expensive claim reaching $35.3 million. One thing is very clear—losing sensitive data is a costly threat, but so are libel, slander, virus transmission and software code, patent, copyright and trademark infringement. And because technology companies often work globally, these risks have international regulatory considerations.
Our technology advisors help ensure that your insurance coverage and loss prevention strategies evolve as your technology progresses, your company grows and regulations change. We have carrier relationships in the domestic and international technology sector and niche risk management services that reinforce the insurance protections that safeguard your product development, financing and profitability.
Higginbotham is a preferred provider for the Texas Healthcare and Life Sciences Association as well as BioHouston and is a member of the Metroplex Technology Business Council. We are also key providers for several Texas-based technology incubators such as TECH Fort Worth, North Texas Enterprise Center (NTEC), UT Arlington Innovation Center and Austin Technology Incubator (ATI).
Whitepaper—Important Reasons for Management and Professional Liability Coverage
Whitepaper—Management and Professional Liability Claim Scenarios
Whitepaper—The basics of U.S. patents.
Whitepaper—Small business privacy risks.
Whitepaper—Management liability for technology companies.